- to him shall be given and he shall abound. And the opposite.
Three Hail Marys
"You ought therefore to have committed my money to the bankers: and at my coming I should have received my own with usury." (Matthew 25:27).
Objection: "The Bible says that Jesus Christ is the only Mediator between God and men (1 Timothy 2:5). Thus paying honor to Mary's heart is an act of idolatry of a mere creature."
Reply To Objection:
Virgin Mary isn't another mediator between God and men (man Jesus Christ is the only such Mediator) but between man Jesus Christ and all the other men as the Apostles and the faithful mediate for other men (1 Thessalonians 5:25
Mary is the Mother of The Lord (Luke 1:43) and thus the first among the living members of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27). Hence Mary's heart is also a living member of Jesus Christ. Of necessity follows that adoration of the Heart of Mary is adoration of God-man Jesus Christ Himself and that it is no idolatry whatsoever!
Note that God has willed to go through The Virgin Mary and to be in
The Virgin Mary to get The Mediator and The Savior Jesus Christ. Hence it is obvious that:
(1) no one is with God who doesn't will to emulate God and thus go through Virgin Mary or to be in Virgin Mary (completely give himself to Her) to get Jesus Christ;
(2) no one can get Jesus Christ and thus no one is saved who doesn't will to emulate God and thus go through Virgin Mary or to be in Virgin Mary (completely give himself to Her);
Top of page
Objection: "Why Catholics fall down and kneel before Virgin Mary and the saints and thus adore them? It is written: "The Lord your God shall you adore..." (Matthew 4:10) and "And, after I had heard and seen, I fell down to adore before the feet of the angel ... And he said to me: See you do it not. ... Adore God." (Revelation 22:8-9)!".
Reply to Objection:
Isn't Jesus Christ The Lord our God Whom we are to adore? Aren't the saints the living members of The Lord our God Jesus Christ Whom we are to adore? Is The Lord our God Jesus Christ without members? How do you adore The Lord our God Jesus Christ if you refuse to adore His own members, that is, if you refuse to venerate His saints?
Top of page
words of The Blessed Virgin Mary to St. Matilda of Hackeborn:
"I'll do what you ask of me but I ask of you to pray three Hail Marys every day.
Pray the first Hail Mary to thank The Eternal Father Who bestowed on me His beautiful all-powerfulness on Heaven and on Earth.
Pray the second Hail Mary in honour of my Son for giving me such a gift of knowledge and wisdom that I surpass all angels and saints and such a light that I, as The Sun, enlighten the whole Heaven and Earth.
Pray the third Hail Mary in honour of The Holy Spirit because in my Heart He kindled a burning love and made me good and merciful so that I am, after God, the most gracious and the most merciful.
At the moment of your death:
+ The Hail Mary
- I shall be present, comfort you and remove from you every power and force of the devil
- I shall pour into you the light of faith and understanding so that in the moment of death your faith not be tried due to an error or ignorance
- I shall overflow your soul by sweetness of Divine love so that it transforms your mortal fears and bitterness into blessedness."
: Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
the promise is for all humans because of The Blessed Virgin Mary, The Mother of all humans, because of the general expression 'you' and because of history of this devotion which shows it has been spread among all humans